Hello, learners. I posted on Facebook a bit ago that I couldn’t go into details but that I was having the best summer yet (I’d say ever, but you never know about the future). I started the post by saying I couldn’t go into details, but the friends kept asking me for details. So, I thought I’d share just a few (seriously I could have kept going on) of my reasons why it is the best summer YET).
I have lovable but impatient FB friends. Let me break down the yin and yang for you for my best summer so far:
- I quit Diet Coke on June 6th, and on June 7th, Panera Bread (the worst culprit ever) called me Edie. I haven’t been called Eddie to my face since.
- I learned the time is now to tackle my longtime dysfunctional relationship with food, and I found out that taking care of myself is way easier and more fulfilling than I thought.
- I let go of what other people think of me, negativity, and gossip (I slip at times, and I’m cutting back on my unreal housewives), and I only hang out with people who celebrate me instead of tolerate me.
- I got turned down for a part-time faculty position, but then I applied to teach a paperwork organization/scrapbooking class, and my proposal was accepted. Yes, you read that right. I WILL BE PAID TO CRAFT!
- I am not allowed to give details, but I think soon I’ll be spending most weekends in my RV in a parking lot in Victorville, CA because of just one restaurant. (This may make #2 no longer true.)
- Lots of loved ones wished me a happy birthday, but at least 3 wishes knocked me to my knees.
- I experienced real magic at Disneyland this summer one day. A few of you know I’m not kidding.
- I started taking my own advice and dedicated the first 15 minutes in the morning to reading 3 books – personal growth, a daily reflection, and a fun book. I’m now up to an hour, and now it is my best habit ever.
- While spending time with their mother is not what two teenager sons are into right now, I found that my Father loves it when I spend time with Him. Plus, when I just sit and listen, the signs of being on the right path surround me.
- Speaking of signs, put on your rose colored glasses because they are ALLLLL over. I was hesitant about calling one aspect of my business The Purple Crown, and I asked a random lady a question at a sewing store. I looked down, and she was holding onto a PURPLE CROWN!
- I haven’t been able to travel this summer, but my mental travels have been rich and rewarding. Plus, I traveled to China in a fiction book this summer that opened my world to the healing power of tea.
- I was dismayed at the zillions of hours I spent writing down stories and did nothing with UNTIL NOW! The table of contents with many of my stories has been completed for my first book.
- And, finally, FINALLY, I can answer the life-long question of what I want to be when I grow up with just one simple word – MYSELF!
And, friends, it is only July 25th of summer. Nope, sorry Coming Soon. If your Happy Place is between your two ears, it is with you always.