If you are a frequent reader of The Learning Club posts, you’ve deduced by now that the themes in The Wizard of Oz bring lots of inspiration to these posts. WHYLD is the new spelling for wild. It asks the question that we should be asking ourselves repeatedly on the road of life. “What Have You Learned, Dorothy?” After all, as the name suggests, The Learning Club’s focus had better be learning.
A review of this past week leads us to these lessons learned:
– You might be turned off just by a sign advertising Fermented Tofu, but if you are close enough to read the sign, you learn that the gross name doesn’t come close to the smell of the experience.
– A class (or in Saturday’s case 2 classes) in a field of study that you LOVE is just about the best experience where time totally disappears.
– Every day spend some time being creative.
– Find enjoyment out of life that has nothing to do with food, and watch how you only eat to nourish your body instead of feeding your emotions.
– Feed your mind with TIME, or Three Intellectual Meals Everyday.
– You know it’s a good book when you are constantly saying Jo MC – Just One More Chapter!
– Time spent with a friend, in a garden, at a book signing, with the author’s incredible speech makes one the richest person in the world.
– Know how valuable you are. An experiment was once done where a famous violinist, who gets $100/ticket at concerts, started playing for tips in a subway. After hours of playing, he only earned $32 in his tip jar. Kids who wanted to listen to the music were whisked away by parents. When something is given for free, it is assumed to be worth what is paid.
– Wake up every day SO happy with how you took care of yourself yesterday.
What great lessons came from last week. Who knows what gems will be found this week!